847-832-0700 1946-D Lehigh Ave
Glenview, IL 60026

LED Lighting for Beginners

Published on November 24th, 2020

LED lighting in Evanston and surrounding areas is becoming more and more mainstream, and for good reason. There are many benefits to using LED lighting versus traditional lighting, but if you aren’t knowledgeable about your home’s lighting needs, you may not know where to begin.

Why Are They Preferred?

LED light bulbs offer superior brightness, color quality and efficiency compared to standard light bulbs. They also come in a larger variety of shapes and sizes to fit the needs of any home or business.

Today’s LED light bulbs offer a 90 percent increase in energy efficiency compared to incandescent bulbs and an 80 percent increase in efficiency over compact fluorescent (CFL) light bulbs.

Consider this fact: LED light bulbs use 95 percent of their energy as light. On the other hand, traditional light bulbs use 5 percent of their energy as light and waste 95 percent of it on heat.

LED Lighting for Beginners

Worth the Higher Up-Front Cost

One common misconception about LED lighting in Evanston is how expensive they are. Over the years, LED light bulbs have significantly decreased in price. The higher up-front cost may scare some people off, but in reality, switching to LED light bulbs can save you up to $1,000 over a 10-year period.

Improved Quality of Light

In addition to being cost-effective, LED lighting is also more effective than fluorescent light bulbs. LED lights create a more focused glow compared to other traditional lights.

Make the Switch Today

Are you ready to make the switch to LED lighting in Evanston? Our team at Current Electrical Contractors is happy to help you make the transition! Call us today to book your appointment.

Back to News


No Project is Too Big or Too Small!

For More Information
on Current Electric


Current Electrical Contractors, Inc.


1946-D Lehigh Ave, Glenview, IL 60026

To Schedule a Service Call
or For an Estimate